Friday, September 26, 2008

Marshmallow chocolate squares

These are my new favorite treat...I promise I am addicted...

3/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa
3 well beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla

Chocolate Icing
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
about 2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
about 1/4 cup cocoa

Mix margarine, brown sugar and cocoa well and then add eggs, flour and vanilla. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes in a 9X13 inch pan; take out and cover with marshmallows (I used about half a bag of small marshmallows). Put back in the oven until marshmallows are soft (about 7-10 minutes, depending on the oven, you dont want them brown...but just REALLY puffy). Remove from oven and cool. Then ice with chocolate icing and put crushed nuts on top (I never do the nuts).

Icing:
Combine butter, salt, vanilla and 1 cup icing sugar. Add remaining icing sugar with milk alternately...keep adding icing sugar until it is fairly stiff. Add cocoa...I add about 1/4 and then taste it, if it needs more chocolate, then I add more...Mix until smooth and creamy.
-Vinnie

No comments: