Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 stewing chicken**
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
2 Tbsp chicken soup mix (like chicken boulion...is that how you spell it??)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup frozen peas
Salt & Pepper,to taste

Homemade Noodles:
2 beaten eggs
Pinch of salt
1/3 to 1/2 cup water
1 to 2 cups flour (enough to make soft dough)

Flour your board well; roll out dough quite thin. Put a lot of flour on top of rolled out dough and then roll up like jelly roll. Cut really thin slices (I actually like thicker noodles) and toss in colander to remove excess flour. They will swell up as they cook.

Cut up stewing chicken (raw). Put cut up chicken, celery, carrots & onion in large pot. Cover with water & cook until meat is tender. Remove chicken and take meat off the bones. Put aside. Add soup mix, mushroom soup, peas and salt & pepper to broth. Boil.

Make Homemade Noodles and drop into boiling soup (you can use ramen noodles...but homemade is always best). Cook until noodles are tender. Add cooked meat after noodles are cooked (then the meat wont fall to pieces). Serve and enjoy!!

**you can use whatever chicken you like, but breasts wont work that well. My mom uses legs, but you can use a whole chicken or whatever. And do as much chicken as you would like, depends on how much you want in the soup**

I personally have never made this myself, but have had it a million times...it is actually on my menu for next week! I love this recipe from my Grandma, the noodles are my favorite part!
-Vinnie

No comments: